Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hogans Heroes vs. Housewives of OC

So twas the night before Christmas and whilst Natasha was away visiting her folks, your Captain had a much needed Cappy-Cap-Time which consisted of a bottle o' Rumpleminze, Borderlands for the 360 and a roaring fire to heat up his little man cave. Nobody was around. It was all 100% Cappy Time. Just me, some strong booze, an awesome video game, and my man cave and a nice long night of slumber.

The routine I've perfected over the years as a bachelor maximizes one's waking hours wherein I do the majority of the physical labor during the day and then lesser-physically demanding activities at night, scaling it down to activities that barely require any physical effort. So I usually work out in the morning (which for me is noon-1PM), take class, teach a class, go dance and then retire at home. The last two stages of this routine however is;

Stage T-1 - Play video games
Stage T - Watch TV
Liftoff - Sleepy bye

My favorite show is Hogans heroes and so what I do when I can no longer play video games effectively is I fire up the laptop, go to TV Land and watch old episodes of Hogan's Heroes and drift off to sleep.

However, this Christmas Eve I was shocked to find out that TV Land no longer broadcasts Hogan's Heroes in the internet anymore.

Which made it a cold and horrible Christmas.

Of course, I can watch the "Housewives of OC" or "Housewives of Atlanta" or the "Housewives of Arkon." Because, well, you know, THAT'S CULTURE. You know Hogan's Heroes, that just dumb stupid guy stuff. But Housewives of Duluth! Now we're talking.

Of course this is just more empirical proof that America is in decline when the free market prefers "Housewives of Milwaukee" over "Hogan's Heroes." Sadly, what irks me most about this, is it impairs my ability to enjoy the decline!

No comments:

Post a Comment