Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Polish Avenger

For those of you who asked for background info on Polish Avenger, here’s his response:

For those who requested. Thanks for asking!

Back in the year 1993, I was a fairly normal computer geek wrapping up a Bachelor’s in Software Engineering. To fuel long nights of study, I began dosing small amounts of methamphetamine. That actually worked well – the drug itself wasn’t the cause of my downfall, but rather my choice to associate with the underworld characters I bought it from. They saw my potential as a digital counterfeiter. Me being young and naïve, thought we could get away with it. Obviously, this was a mistake.

On our way to steal the required equipment, one of our crew was shot and killed by the owner. Unbeknownst to us, in Arizona, when one felon dies in the commission of a crime, all of the other felons get blamed, Thus the remainder of us were charged with murder. The fact that he was our friend and we didn’t actually kill him didn’t matter. Thus, I picked up 25 years for my first offence. However, I was guilty of lesser crimes, so it’s not like I was completely blameless.

In my travels here, I’ve learned how to live as free within myself as a person can – paradoxically more so than I did when I was out!

The handle of Polish Avenger reflects both my ancestry and daily quest to avenge the harm I caused and the path not taken. And I like the way it sounds!

Stay tuned for further instalments of Polish adventure.

Do you think Polish Avenger should be doing 25 years for murder or a short sentence for burglary?

Click here for Polisher Avenger’s first blog.

Our friends inside appreciate your comments.

Email comments and questions for Polish Avenger
to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below. To post a comment if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, just select anonymous for your identity.

Shaun P. Attwood

No comments:

Post a Comment