Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Using the "I'm Gay" Excuse to Get Out of Divorce

OK, I've heard it too many times and I would like to pose a theory to all the aspiring, junior, deputy, official and otherwise economists out there.

Last night, heard the ole;

"I have a friend who just found out her husband is gay and they're getting a divorce."


Now, I am not disputing that there are men out there who are gay who settled down, had kids and realized he was not being truthful to himself, couldn't keep up the charade, thus compelling a divorce. But it seems to my little eye that this excuse is being used a lot more. Not because there are more gay men who are getting married, but because I think more men are realizing this is the ultimate way out of a divorce without losing half your assets.

If you are a straight guy and your marriage is on the rocks and you cite irreconcilable differences, then you are guaranteed to lose half your net worth.

However, if you claim to be gay, whether you are or not, the women tend to be more forgiving, if not, supportive. Alas, it seems to me to be the ultimate way to get out of a marriage without losing everything you've worked for.


Thoughts?

Theories?

Observations?

No comments:

Post a Comment