Wednesday, January 7, 2009

07 Jan 09

Six Months to Live – Two Tonys

Two Tonys - A whacker of men and Mafia associate serving multiple life sentences for murders and violent crimes. Left bodies from Tucson to Alaska, but claims all his victims "had it coming."

10-1-08

Hey friend,

Greetings and salutations from across the big pond.

I guess I owe you an explanation as to why I’ve been slow in getting back to you. The big one is that I’m going through a little bend in the river right now. Without going Dr. Sanjay Gupta on you, here’s what’s up. I’ve been sick. It’s a funny kind of sick. A few weeks ago I’m called to Medical for a blood test. 5 vials. Then a week or two later they did it again, but it was a retest. Then a few days later the Dr. calls me up there and tells me I’m scheduled for a serious test at St. Mary’s, and the reason is my tests are off the chart with negative results for the big C. So I’m waiting to go.
Now it ain’t no big fuckin’ deal. But I just want a yea or nay so I can settle down. As soon as I can get some answers, you’ll hear from me, and one way or another I’ll settle in and get down to writing you more. I know you understand where my head is at, plus I’m not feeling real good.

Anyway, how’s your life going? I know it’s good and I’m happy for you and proud of you. Give Mom-Dad my love and respects and you be a good son and brother (I know you are).

Hey! Sorry I haven’t written you more. But I’ll make it up to you big time. We’ll go where no man or woman has dared to go before. If God, Buddha, Mohammed, Fate or Mother Nature fucks with me, then it’s on big time. In the words of that great sage “W” “Bring it on.”

Thanks for the mail!

Stay strong,

Your pal,

Two Tonys


A few weeks after receiving this letter I received an email from Two Tonys’ daughter stating a doctor had told him he has cancer of the liver, has six months to live, and was about to begin treating him with chemotherapy.



12-21-08

Hi Friend,

What can I say? I’ll start by saying happy holiday to you and yours. Then I want to apologize for taking so long to tell you what’s going on. I’ve been procrastinating. You know how that goes, and I know you’ll understand.

Allow me to thank you very much for your letters, pictures and the book you sent me, Shantaram. I just started it, and I know I’ll enjoy it because you don’t send no Tom Clancy shit or James Patterson and John Grisham junk.
It’s funny but I like to think that I am responsible for taking you from the cheeseburger to beef Wellington of the literary world, even though I know I didn’t. So indulge an old scoundrel such as I am.
The book Maux was off the hook. I really enjoyed it and got the message in my own mind, which was survival. I read it in 2 days.

Hey, I’m taking that morphine plus anti-nausea, along with my high blood pressure, and then the chemo meds twice a day. So please forgive my sloppy writing and spelling.
Look, this thing I’m going through ain’t no thing.

Yeah, Barack socked it to that senile bastard McCain and that stupid woman he chose for his V.P.. The two of them were pathetic. Now if Obama can do what he says he’ll do and not become another corrupt S.O.B. and get all full of himself, I’ll pull for him.

So I’m really happy for you and that your foundation is building. Man, I believe in you. Your skills amaze me.
I wish I could be out there with you. We’d go eat a meat pie or two, and then do London. That would be fun.
So tell me, what’s the progress in your goals and adventures? Your name comes up from time to time and it's all good of course. Two Tonys would not have it any other way. But I’m a good judge of sincerity and it’s sincere. Your legacy lives on, and of course this is just one part. Now with your second chance, you can get busy. Don’t blow it! I believe in you and so do many others. I might not be around to see it blossom, but you will blossom. All I ask is every now and then have a nice thought of our conversations and laughs.

Richard K. sent me some books, including Whom the Bell Tolls. He seems really nice. Give him a shout out for me.

Hey bro, revisiting my situation even though I closed it earlier, I just want to say I like to think that I’ve lived my life as a tough old bastard, a non sniveler.
I watched an hour show on St Jude Hospital for sick kids. They all had cancer. They had their heads shaved, and all of them had a smile and a good attitude. Even in pain they smiled and were just sweet little bald kids. I loved them all. So for me to act any other way would be a disgrace not only to those little kids but to myself. They gave me strength.
Plus look at what I did to others even if I try to justify it and say they asked for it and had it coming or they were in de bizzness. They only had 2 seconds to get their affairs in order, at least I’ve got a few months maybe longer to get my affairs in order. But I can’t dwell in past days. It’s all about here and now.
My energy level is low. I’ve lost a lot of weight. I was 179 lbs a few days ago, and going lower. No appetite. Nothing. Food is bland, but I get a resource 3 times a day. I like those a lot.

Will you readers want me to continue on with Two Tonys blogs? I can give it a try. I always like to answer their questions.

Stay strong and do the right thing. I’ll write more soon, I promise.

Pals,

Two Tonys

If you wish to send letters, cards or books to Two Tonys to show our love for him as he fights to hold onto what’s left of his life then please email me with your full name and contact address, and I will provide you his information.

You can also send him your well wishes by posting a comment.

Our friends inside appreciate your comments.


Email comments for Two Tonys to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below. To post a comment if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, just select anonymous for your identity.

Shaun P. Attwood

No comments:

Post a Comment