Saturday, September 21, 2013

Where do triglycerides come from? Part I (Updated)

This post contains sufficient updates from the original (dated 5/11/11) that I consider it more of a fully updated version vs. a bump.   This began with my intent to link to this post in an upcoming discussion of triglycerides, when I noticed that Dr. Ronald Krauss was amongst the authors.   This study originally caught my eye because of   Marc Hellerstein's name, he of DNL not a major pathway in humans fame, that I've blogged on previously.

Now I have excerpted copiously from the discussion because the authors make several points relevant to the discussion of what comprises a healthy lipid profile.  As part of updating, I am breaking those excerpts up a bit more and adding some/more emphasis and additional commentary.

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment