Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Highest Marginal Tax Rates

Russia, and I've said this before, will probably out pace the US in terms of long term economic growth because of one thing and one thing only; a flat tax.


And not only is it a flat tax, but a very low one at that.

Now Russia, for all its faults (alcoholism, corruption, etc) does have an infrastructure, a stable and sane society (ie-not shooting each other up over food as per Africa) and as they get corruption under control, I believe more and more people will take advantage of these low taxes and capital will flow there. However, fresh on my mind is also how much time and effort I had to piss away to calculate my tax bill. I do believe the simplicity of their tax code will alone attract people there. Again, over the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment