Monday, October 6, 2008

Is The Economist Leaning to the Left?

As all of you know I swear by The Economist, but ever since they got a new editor, I sensed it has taken a turn to the left. Global warming is a foregone conclusion, environmentalism takes up precious space that should be used instead on economic/financial issues, and every time I have the time to sit and read through an issue I'm let down more and more by an increasing percentage of the articles I disagree with.

But this took the cake and more or less has me convinced that at the corporate HQ of The Economist changes have been made and there has been a direct order to report a more leftist slant;


Additionally look at this map;


It shows the world overly in favor of Obama. Interestingly enough 100% of Saudi's are for Obama and 0% for McCain. But if you click on the US, you'll see that 20% are for McCain while 80% are for Obama.

Interesting. I could have swore they were in a statistical deadheat according to our domestic polls.

Alas, maybe The Economist is truly capitalist and just catering to a larger leftist readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment