Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Captain Tenders a Question

So I finish my dance class in Minneapolis. And I have to drive through the town of St. Louis Park, which has a heavy Jewish population. And I hadn't eaten since 2PM and a good ole fashioned, Jewish deli sandwich sounded heavenly. But it's about 930 at night and I wouldn't mind having a drink.

And then it occurs to me.

They have Irish bars.

They have German bars.

They even have Italian bistros.

But I've never heard of a Jewish bar.

And the more I drove through St. Louis Park, and the more I realized I would literally have killed for a good rye sandwich with a tall beer next to it, the more I started asking myself;

"Why isn't there such a thing as a "Jewish Bar?" I think the idea would be amazing.

I am only Jewish via bloodlines, but can somebody who is a practicing Jew explain to me why there isn't a Jewish bar??? Seriously, I think it's a million dollar idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment