Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Sorry, WHO Should Be Embarrassed?

So I hit Drudge and see that Calderon, who I’m happy won Mexico’s presidential election, seems to be suffering from the same dementia that Vicente Fox was suffering from. This illusion that somehow Mexicans run the US or have authority to tell us what to do despite the minor ass kicking we delivered to them back in 1846-1848.


But it seems to me what would be truly embarrassing is if your country was so poorly managed and inept that 10% of its population would leave. I mean, that would really be a blow to your pride wouldn’t it? That 1 in 10 people, 1 in 5 of your workers, are so fed up with the ineptitude of the place, that they leave their HOME, you know, turn their backs on their homeland and culture and go elsewhere because it’s so hopeless. I mean that would REALLY be embarrassing. It would be like your wife leaving you for another man. Or your children disowning you. Or U of Minnesota students cheering for the Wisconsin Badgers when they play against the Gophers. That, to me anyway, would be WAAAAAY more embarrassing that a country putting up a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment