Friday, July 21, 2006

A Connection???

It's always been posed that women make less than men because of sexism.

Of course, why would it be any other way? I mean there certainly couldn't be any sociological or demographic reasons for it. Right? I mean, men are evil and oppressive, end of story, now increase my pay you sexist bastard!

Of course there are those that would contest otherwise. Some would contest that it's because of the biological fact that women get pregnant whereas men don't. Some suggest that when you account for degree, education and continual experience, there is no difference. I've been bold enough to suggest that a larger factor in this is that women tend to major in subjects that won't get them jobs, or at least high paying ones.

Regardless women have been catching up.



But I don't think it has anything to do with measures taken by the hyphenating-name/60's-70's/baby boomer crowd and their gender-equalizing legislation. It could be, I don't know, something as simple as women are having less kids and thus have more time for careers (that and men's income hasn't been increasing as fast)?


It's crazy how complicated this economics schtick it.

Regardless, I will point out one final thing;

I find it utterly ironic that data on "births" and children are found at the Center for Disease Control.

How appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment