Sunday, April 22, 2012

He Didn't Do 7 Tours in Vietnam for You to Major in Shit

I won't go into detail (because he never gave me any), but my step-dad, who kicked my and my siblings asses into reality, didn't fight communists scumbags in a jungle in Vietnam and other unnamed SE Asian countries for you to get your freaking craptasic liberal arts degree in "women's studies."

He went there in the vain hopes of providing and protecting your pampered asses a genuine shot at the American dream.

So you can appreciate it when he looks at today's "kids" majoring in "shit" face an underemployment rate of 50% and laughs his freaking ass off.

Don't like it that he's mocking you?  Tough, because he didn't take a shrapnel hit, suffer dysentery, become a POW, and earn more medals than he will tell me he's earned  (because he's a sneaky bastard and won't show me his files) just so you spoiled suburbanite brats could bitch and whine at the local pompous OWS club.  He suffered more than most people did because he cared about an ideal and this country.

I'm drunk now and I ain't got much left to say.  Because, well, tell me if you have a better guy than my step dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment