Saturday, September 25, 2010

Paleolithic Diet Questions

This is an open "question post" to my readers, many of whom I'm aware are followers of Paleo-derived WOE's.   I'm particularly addressing those that advocate limiting protein and eating a very high fat  (60-80%) very low carb (close to zero) diet.

What research am I missing that counters the work of Eaton?  Links to his works that I've blogged on HERE and HERE.  The first work was even referenced in The New Atkins to indicate that a high fat diet is what we evolved to eat.   Seems Eaton mostly points to a diet a little higher in carbs (~40%) and protein (~35%) and much lower in fat (~25% is the highest estimate) than most of the paleo/primal plans I've seen.  I don't see much reason to question this work.  

Where does the very high fat come from?  What am I missing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment