Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beaten to the Punch by Mark J Perry

Let me tell you about Mark Perry. He's this guy out in Michigan who does this thing. Thinking he's the chart master, teaching over at the University of Flint, while he pointlessly cheers on the Detroit Lions. No, I'm just kidding, he's a good guy, but he does irk me when he posts about something I was thinking about before I get the chance to post it.

In any case, I had noticed on the University of Minnesota's web site that they were going to boost the GPA necessary for getting "honors" to 3.67. I recall my mother had gone to the U of MN back in the 70's and back then a 3.0 was required to get an "honors" notation. For me it was 3.5 back in 1997. Regardless, it shows that while grades have inflated, the deans and academic management have decided not to change the academic rigor needed to graduate with honors. Of course MJ Perry has to go and ruin my fun by posting a chart closely enough related to make my post obsolete;


You can read his post here.

That being said, he has allowed me to simply link to his chart, thereby giving me the opportunity to ride my motorcycle around today and fish instead of make an original blog post.

Ah, the benefits of plagiarism.

No comments:

Post a Comment