Thursday, November 1, 2007

Your Economic Chart of the Day

I had a theory that for lack of a better term I called "Mold Theory" where money is akin to bread. And if you have a social ailment be it crime, poor education, etc., if you throw money at it, it's like throwing bread on mold. All you're going to get is more mold. And I highlighted this by comparing government spending on social programs versus the most basic form of social ailment, crime;

But another interesting example of "Mold Theory" was found here.

Apparently the more aid that is sent into Palestine, then the more homicides there are.



I'm trying to think of a third variable that would cause aid to go up and then a year later cause homicides to go up, because I'm 50/50 on the aid causing the murders, but it wouldn't surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment