Sunday, April 20, 2008

Percent of Asking Price Received

I have good news, I'm about two chapters away from finishing the book (out of what will inevitably be 20). Then there is editing and some revising and tweaking and tucking. Regardless, and I mean this sincerely, arrogance and hubris aside, it is some damn fine writing.

Allow me to whet your appetite with a excerpt;

"It was one of those moments where you start to wonder if life isn’t real and God is just toying with you. That this is nothing but a big, elaborate video game and you’re the one on the big screen. That it was already as bad of a situation as it could get and it was statistically impossible to get any worse. Therefore if it did, it must have been divine intervention on God’s part, yielding not only proof God existed, but that he was a sick and twisted sadist/bastard."

I don't know if I'm going with "sadist" or "bastard." Any preferences?

In any case, the final two chapters are obviously conclusionary in nature, however, they're also quite data intensive and so I've happened upon some great charts, but this one in particular showing what the average person in the Twin Cities area is receiving as a % of their asking price for their homes;



Which means, if banks are in repossession of these fine assets they're going to be getting a lot less than what they lent out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment