Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why Are the Irish and Aussies So Suicidal????

Suicide is something that I don't get. Not that I can't see why some people would commit it, but that they don't go and try to pull some amazing crazy stuff before they go. Everybody just blows their brains out without doing anything great before it. I mean if you're about to commit suicide wouldn't you say, "Hey, you know, it'd be great to go moon that cop that has a speed trap over on 38th." Or, "you know, it'd be pretty cool to go up to the hottest chick and say, "you're too fat for me." Or rack up a huge bill at some ritzy restaurant and then just say, "Eh, I don't feel like paying, besides which I'm dying tomorrow, so what are you going to do about it?" Not to mention cliff jumping, sky diving, you name it.

However, from an economics perspective what I don't get is how Australia and Ireland have some of the highest suicide rates. Their economies have been growing by leaps and bounds and then everybody offs themselves? I mean the French I could understand, but the Irish?

Frank you got any theories??

No comments:

Post a Comment