Saturday, August 25, 2007

From Montana

Here are some pictures from my trip to Montana. Thought I'd share some with you.

This is Flinsch Peak. I decided to climb it the first day I got there. Only problem was that's not mist or haze, that's smoke from all these damn forest fires they had out there.


This is a picture from the top of Flinsch Peak looking down at some other mountain. You can make out Old Man lake at the bottom right. The map says the peak is 9,225, but my GPS said the elevation was 9,276. Regardless there wasn't a lot of air up there, just smoke;


This is what Flinsch Peak looks like when there is no smoke (it's the pointy peak to the left);


This is Hidden Lake, more or less smack dab in the middle of the park;


This is Hungry Horse dam. It's bigger than it looks. They canceled the tours thanks to those SOB's on 9-11.


This is Iceberg Lake and its surrounding cauldron;


This is a moose;


This is a ram or mountain goat or something with horns. Kept following me around. I surmise people have fed the goats because they follow you around and have no problem walking where humans are;


There are more pictures, but I won't bore you with all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment