Saturday, July 21, 2007

Snidley Whiplash Doesn't Adjust for GDP

Ryan had a better title so I went with it.

Originally it was titled "Military Spending" because I get a kick out of how the left complains we always, ALWAYS spend too much on the military (which a quick perusal of the federal budget would tell you otherwise). Regardless, to convey context as to just how much we spend on the military and for all the troubles we have with terrorism in the middle east, you all should just shut the hell up and enjoy your plasma screen TV's because it really isn't that bad. We spend nothing, I mean nothing on the war on terror. The Japanese killed 3,000 of our men and women and we responded with a budget that allocated 40% of our GDP to the military.

Muslim nutjobs killed 3,000 Americans and we ever so slightly bump up our military spending from 3% to 4% GDP, to the howls and protests of anti-war leftists. Sheesh!

So new lesson people. It's always got to be as a percent of GDP.

Don't care what you're measuring, you have to account for not only the increase in the country's population as well as the increase in its economy. Otherwise inflation and population growth distort your figures.

Just the other day I was on a date and she asked me "what do you do for fun?" And I said, "I like playing video games but only after converting them to a percentage of GDP."

When I get to the pearly gates, St. Peter will ask, "What did you do with your time on Earth? Donate to charity? Work with children?" and I'll say, "I converted things into a percentage of GDP."

My Mom will call me up and still to this day ask if I brushed my teeth. But she'd be wiser in asking if I brushed my teeth adjusting for GDP.

So remember, Americans, Patriots and all around cool guys and redheaded libertarian gals adjust for GDP. Commies, liberals and Snidley Whiplash don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment