Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'll Scope Out the Chicks in Italy

But I'll be damned if I set up a company there!

So PWC came up with a crafty little idea. Since corporations don't just pay "corporate income tax" but also social pension contributions and what have you, the overall corporate tax rate is actually (are you ready to make the leftists roll their eyes?) HIGHER than previously thought.


The US' corporate tax rate is nearer to 50% than the standard 40%. And good ol' super-fast, super rich Ireland is there near the bottom...I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

Regardless, look at Italy. 80 freaking % effective corporate tax rate. Who in hell's name is going to set up shop there???

Right, I'm sure Italy is the economic laggard of Europe for other reasons. Cripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment