Thursday, June 15, 2006

What Percent of Women Are Gold-Diggers?

OK, since charts aren't working, let me pose a question to all the aspiring economists out there.

The Beloved and I were discussing one of her friends and how she was "looking for a man that had money."

And I said something to the extent that, "that's pretty sad for somebody to sacrifice soemthing as important as love for something as not-so-vital like money."

And The Beloved said, "yeah, we'll you'd be surprised how many women out there are looking for a guy with money."

Now, I was always under the impression that sure there were gold-diggers out there, but they amounted to no more than 5% of the female population. That surely, my economic spidey senses would tell me whether a girl had ulterior financial aims in courting me. But then again, there has been the RARE occasion that I have actually been wrong about women.

No! It's true! There have been one or two times that I, Captain Capitalism, economist and all-knowing-babe-magnet-extraordinaire, actually had it wrong when it came to the ladies.

For The Beloved claimed A FULL 25% OF THE WOMEN OUT THERE ARE LOOKING FOR MONEY!

Now, pessimistic and critical as I may be about the local Minnesota contingent of women, I would not have imagined it would be so high. But The Beloved has me here as she is a woman, hangs out with women, and would thusly be more of an authority on the matter than I.

Naturally, I'd be very curious to hear what other people would say the percentage is, particularly women, for there may be a bigger problem on our hands than I previously thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment