Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Americans are Too Weak to Handle This

I seriously doubt we will have the stomach to handle the inevitable decline in housing prices.

And then I seriously doubt whether we'll be able to continue borrowing money from the equity in our houses so that we can spend more than we make falsely propping up this economy...

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/PSAVERT_Max.png


And then I seriously doubt whether we'll be able to handle the recession that will ensue due to drastically slowing consumer spending...

And then I really seriously doubt we'll be able to handle really bad timing that this recession should hit once the Baby Boomers start to retire and put a further strain on our economy.

But then again, I'm just a dumb economist. What do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment