Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Shooting Themselves in the Foot

Look, I loathe democrats. Really I do. But when you see an underdog like Obama and somebody who really does represent change (what change that is I don't know, but it really is better than another 20 year bout of Clintonbushbushclinton) it's hard not to cheer for him. Plus having Hilary the opposite ticket makes it really easy to cheer for him. Regardless, can the foot soldiers of the democrat party take the time to muster an independent thought and vote for the right candidate?


So I will say it again, even though it is against my personal interests to say so.

If the democrats want to lose the presidential election (you know, the one that counts) nominate Hilary. She is unelectable. And I internally fight within myself to temper my desire to see Obama nominated even though it would result in the defeat of the Republican party, with my machiavellian ulterior motive to see Hilary win for it would guarantee a Republican victory.

That being said, at minimum, AT MINIMUM this contested race shows Hilary and the archiac 60's power structure behind her is waining and the day will come that the mantle will be passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment