Thursday, April 12, 2007

Captain Capitalism's Annual Chart Contest - Entrant #6

From our Swiss friend, Daniel;
"Hi Capt, I did this very simple chart last year when everybody, at least in Europe, went crazy about the Soccer World Cup in Germany. I compared the estimated value of the squads, which I had found in an edition of The Economist, with the success that they had. It seems like money can buy success indeed."
Herr Dan makes a good point about something that we here in the US already know;
The New York Yankees owe their success to money, not good ol' fashioned American Underdoggedness.
Which is primarily the reason I don't bother watching professional sports.
Who the f cares?
Yeah, that's just what I want to do, PAY to WATCH OTHER PEOPLE play sports when for the price of a ticket I could buy my own damn soccer ball and go have an infinitely better (and healthier) time playing with my buddies or the neighborhood kids.
I will never understand professional sports or the people that stake their personal value on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment