Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What I Don't Get About the Brits

Wallace and Gromit I can completely endorse.

Black Adder I can completely understand.

The British Spitfire is something I envy only second to the P-51 Mustang.

But there are two things I don't understand about Britain and that is the Royal Family and the BBC.

I surmise the former is some kind of obsession that we here in the US have with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, but the second is a bit of a creature I'm sure I won't understand since I didn't grow up in the UK.

Thus, having no knowledge or understanding why the BBC is so key to British culture, I shall post a chart from another jewel of British culture, The Economist, in the hopes of boosting British readership.

And hopefully somebody from across the pond can explain to me why this is relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment