Monday, October 10, 2005

You Had Your Come-Uppance

Quick story.

Went to Target last night.

Looking for moth balls, a club for my new car and if they had it, was going to start pricing DVD burners on the off chance they'd have 'em.

I go to one of the stock boys and say, "Hey, you guys got moth balls?"

The guy turned to me and said, "yeah, they're over on isle E14"

So I find the mothballs, couldn't find a club, nor price DVD burners. But that guy that helped me...somehow I knew him.

It kept pestering me until I figured it out heading south on 35W past Washington.

He was a guy I remembered in college. Hung out at some of the same parties he was at. Didn't know much about him except he hung out with a REALLY liberal crowd. Him and his friends all worshipped Paul Wellstone and all majored in crap.

And that's the lesson. I'm 30 now. So is he. But I studied finance and economics. I think he majored in sociology or art history.

I don't work at Target as a stock boy.

He does.

At least I have respect for him in one respect...he didn't go into the public sector as a social worker, and is thus contributing more to GDP and society than his surely public sector putz counterparts.

Wonder how long it'll be until he votes Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment