Monday, August 8, 2005

Those Chinese Bastards! How Dare They!

Whilst in slow season I participate in a political discussion group to beat some sense into the group. They mock and ridicule me, but the chicks secretly find me sexy.

However, one of the bigger differences I have with two of the guys in the group is whether a strong China would be a good China. This of course depends on who is in command and a bevy of other factors, but there are basically two camps;

  • As China gains economic and military power the communists will inevitably crush the US through military or economic warfare.
  • As China gains economic power and further free up their economy, the communists will only be communists in name and they will form an economy mutual advantageous to both the US and China and will become probably one of our best allies in the long run.
I am in the second camp as I am always right.

Thus, it was a pleasure to see this in the news today;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050808/ap_on_bi_ge/china_boeing

No comments:

Post a Comment